Calabar Carnival 2022 Date,Calabar News On Africa's Biggest Street Party
The annual Calabar carnival event date has been scheduled to start on the month of December 2022.
The latest Calabar news on Africa's biggest street party is that 2022 carnival is going to be on another whole new dimension and level as the current governor of Cross River State is taking steps to ensure that everything works according to plan.
Fans of the Calabar Carnival could not attend the carnival as it was suspended in 2020 and 2021 due to the spread of COVID-19 pandemic and the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
The good news is that the carnival is back and better,the organizers of this event has decided to expand the brand and development,the competing Carnival bands at the event have been increased to seven,with the Introduction of two new bands namely: Calasvegas and Diamond Carnival bands to add to Seagull,Bayside,Passion 4,Freedom and Masta Blasta Bands.
The 2022 first Carnival Dry Run would kick off in October,the second one in November and the third one in December with the final Calabar Carnival on the 28th of December 2022.
The Bike Carnival is most likely to take place on the 27th of December 2022,other interesting events to look out for include performances by local artists,stage plays,
essay competition,movie awards night and children party.
Apart from chilling in the computer village to relax and sip some cold drinks,other interesting events include the Utom Obong and Ejagam festivals,gospel experience with Ekwueme band,Calabar food festival,Cultural carnival,African Beauty pageant parade,African Night festival,Bickers parade, Calapiano night featuring brass and Jass bands and Marian Street party which is the largest street party in Africa.
- Seagull band
- Passion 4
- Masta blasta
- Freedom Band
CALABAR CARNIVAL 2022 CARNIVAL DATE
- Bike Carnival - 27th December 2022
- Calabar Carnival - 28th December 2022
- Afang soup,
- Edikang Ikong soup,
- Editan Soup,
- Afia Efere Soup,
- Ekpang Nkukwo Dish
- Calabar City Mall(Spar)
- Marina Resort
- Christmas village (Marian Road)
- Tinapa Leisure Resort(Tinapa Business Resort,Tinapa Lakeside,Water Park)
- Biafran Bunker
- Bricksfield Prison Wall
- Calabar Botanical Garden
- Cultural Center
- Duke Town Hall
- Golf Course
- Old Residency
- National Museum
- Palace of the Obong of Calabar
- Prince Bassey Duke Ephraim IX Effify
- Watt market
- Sixtus Alexander Pedro Fernandez photo
- Slave History Museum
- The European Cemetery
- Thomas Eyamba Bell
- Two Hands Statue
These tourist spots are not located inside Calabar City,example Obudu Cattle Ranch (Africa's longest cable car ride) is located outside Calabar Metropolis.
- Afi Mountain - Buanchor Boki
- Agbokim Waterfalls - Agbokim Etung
- Alok Monolith Museum – Alok Nkarasi Ikom
- Bebi Airstrip – Bebi Obanliku
- Obudu mountain resort- The best mountain resort in Africa- location – Obanliku. Attractions: Becheve canopy walkway-de grotto,diary factory,gymnasium,holy mountain,honey factory,international conference center,Presidential retreat.
- Drill ranch- ideal spot for lovers of wild life - Buanchor Boki
- Kwa Falls- location- Aningeje Akamkpa
- Reform lake- Ebom Abi
- Salt pond- Okpoma Yala
If you have a question,you can send an email to email@example.com and I will respond as fast as i can,don’t forget to attend Africa's Biggest Street Party at Fiesta Marian Road Calabar,travel safe and enjoy your holiday.