How To Apply For American (U.S.) Visa in Nigeria: Requirements,DS - 160,Fees - Quick Guide
This post contains a quick guide on how you will apply for your American (U.S.) Visa in Nigeria,requirements,DS - 160,appointment Etc
Currently you can apply for a non immigrant Visa in Nigeria.
But before I proceed I want to let you know that applying for an American Visa in Nigeria Is a straightforward and easy process as long as you are prepared and have the corresponding documents to back it up.
Now lets get started:
How To Apply For American (U.S.) Visa in Nigeria:
Q: How do I apply for an american visa in Nigeria,what are the steps involved?
A: Quickly follow the steps below in other to secure your US American visa.
Before applying for a visa,you have to confirm whether or not you need to apply for a visa.
Generally Nigerians are required to be issued a US visa before they can travel to America.
--Pay the visa application fee depending on the type of visa you are applying for,listed below are all the types of nonimmigrant visa and visa fees for Nigerians,with the current dollar - naira exhange rate,visa application fees should cost between ₦45,000 - ₦125,000.
choose the type of visa that is applicable to you and get ready to make payments.
Visa Types and Application Fee Amounts
- $140 B Business/Tourist
- $140 C-1 Transit
- $140 D Ship/Airline Crew
- $140 F Student (academic)
- $140 I Journalist and Media
- $140 J Exchange Visitors
- $140 M Student (vocational)
- $140 T Victim of Human Trafficking
- $140 TN/TD NAFTA Professionals
- $140 U Victim of Criminal Activity
- $150 H Temporary/Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees
- $150 L Intracompany Transferees
- $150 O Persons with Extraordinary Ability
- $150 P Athletes. Artists & Entertainers
- $150 Q International Cultural Exchange
- $150 R Religious Worker
- $350 K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen
- $390 E Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty
- Treaty Trader/Investor, Australian Professional Specialty $390
- Seasonal Workers and Employment, Trainees H $150
- K Fiancé(e) or Spouse of U.S. Citizen $350
- T Victim of Human Trafficking $140
- TN/TD NAFTA Professionals $140
Now having selected the type of visa applicable to you,proceed to GTBANK to make payments,after paying for your visa,a receipt will be issued to you.
Then proceed and Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
You will be requested to provide some personal informations like your current and previous education and work history Etc,make sure all information filled in there are 100% correct.
Go ahead and schedule your appointment,you will need your passport number,Your fee payment receipt purchase date and the ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.
On the scheduled date of your interview visit the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or the Consulate General in Lagos ,make sure you bring the following with you:
- A printed copy of your appointment letter
- Your DS-160 confirmation page,
- A recent color photograph
- Your current and all previous passports
- The original GTBank visa fee payment receipt.
Applications tendered without all of these items will not be accepted.
--After the interview the U.S visa officer will inform you if you qualify for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa.
If you are issued a visa, your passport and visa are returned to you at the document pick-up location you selected. If however you were refused a visa, the visa officer will return your passport and documents to you after the interview.
If you were successful and was issued a visa,you can also track your passport online, CLICK HERE to track your passport.
Now that's all,you can then go ahead and start making preparations to travel,if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask in the comments section.