National Bureau Of Statistics: Facts,Contact
The National Bureau of Statistics function is to create statistics for Nigeria.
It is the agency responsible for fact finding in Nigeria.
Q1: what are the facts and functions of the National Bureau Of Statistics?
Quick Facts About The National Bureau Of Statistics
- It assembles data and information like Consumer Spending and Income,GDP,population,Economic data,resources Etc
- The contributing bureau where the National Bureau of Statistics get their data and information include:
- National Population Commission
- Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Nigerian Embassies and High Commissions
- Federal Ministry of Finance
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
- National Planning Commission
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
- Federal Ministry of Health
- The National Bureau of Statistics was formed out of a jointed partnership between the Federal Office of Statistics (FOS) and the National Data Bank (NDB) to initiate the Statistical Master Plan (SMP), a programme document of Nigerian Federal Government.
- The National Bureau of Statistics assists the government of Nigeria by providing statistical information which is needed to plan and develop the country.
- Local governments and state governments also benefit from the information from the Nigeria bureau of statistics.
- In every federal government ministry there is a Director of statistics,in every state, it also trickles down to the head statistics unit in the local government areas of Nigeria,their is a hierarchy that enables the passing of statistics and data.
A: You can also visit the National Bureau Of Statistics if you are looking for data or information.
- Plot 762, Independence Avenue,
- Central Business District,
- FCT, Abuja