How To Apply For Nigerian International Passport : Current Cost,Price And Collection Point
This article contains details on how to easily apply for your Nigerian International passport,its current price and collection point in Nigeria.
The Nigerian International Passport is issued by the Nigerian Immigration service,they have offices and branches in literally almost every state in Nigeria.
How To Apply For Nigerian International Passport
Q1: How do I apply for a Nigerian International Passport?
www.immigration.gov.ng or you can apply offline.
Q2: Explain what you meant by applying for a Nigerian International Passport Offline?
A: Offline application simply means walking into any branch office of the Nigerian Immigration service and applying for an international passport.
Q3: What is the advantages/disadvantages of offline-online international passport application?
A: Online application is cheaper but it can take a long time before you can be issued your passport while offline application is much more expensive but your passport will be issued to you quicker.
Q4: What are the requirements for applying for my Nigerian international passport off line.
A: Just walk into any Nigerian immigration office in any state and request for an international passport.
You will be required to submit the following details,so its important to take along with you the following documents:
- Your local government or state of origin Identification Letter.
- Age declaration or Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate or marriage declaration (for female applicants only) also take along with you the newspaper publication of change of name.
- Photocopies of a valid international passport of your relative together with his/ her national Identification card or driver’s license (this person will stand as your guarantor)
- 6 passport photographs because of age and marriage declaration.
Q5: How do I apply for my Nigerian International Passport Online?
Online application is less stressful and way cheaper,follow the steps below:
- Visit the Nigeria Immigration website and click the e-Passport application form.
- Fill the Application form correctly.
- Click the box that with ''I Accept full responsibility for the information provided''.
- Click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’.
- Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”.
- Enter your payment account details correctly.
- After payment, you would be presented a Validation Number.
- Keep the validation number for future use.
- You can also print a receipt by clicking the ‘Print the Receipt’ button.
- After payment, having obtained the “Validation Number”, proceed to the NIS portal for confirmation of payment.
- Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
- If a “Validation Number” field appears, enter the number from your ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt.
- Click the “Search Record” button and you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been generated.
- Print the Receipt or an Acknowledgment Slip by using the buttons on this page,you will need it for your interview.
- You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgment Slip in a new window.
- Click on “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
Q6: What are the documents required for online application of my International Passport?
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent colour passport photographs.
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge.
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years.
- Marriage certificate where applicable.
- Police report in case of lost passport.
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission.
You should note that acknowledgment slip and payment receipt plus three recent passport photographs are applicable in all cases,also ensure to print out copy of duly completed application form.
Take the printed and signed application forms to Passport office for verification and further processing.
Also note that your guarantor (family member preferably) must attach the his/her Photocopy of data page of Nigerian standard Passport And driving license or national identity card.
Q7: How Much does it cost to get an International Passport In Nigeria?
The cost of getting an international passport depends on the number of pages on the passport.
32 Pages Passport Booklet (Age 0 – 17) N8,750
32 Pages Passport Booklet (Age 18 – 59) N15,000
64 Pages Passport Booklet = N20,000
In conclusion the recent cost of getting an international passport is about N30,000 (Thirty thousand naira)
Q8: I applied online for my international passport,how do I know when my passport is ready for collection?
You should check at any immigration office in your state,that should be the collection point of all international passports.