Drivers License Renewal Cost In Nigeria
Your FRSC issued Nigerian drivers license is only valid for four years,
after wards you are expected to renew your drivers license,if you fail to renew your license you might be embarrassed and eventually arrested by law enforcement agencies.
The process for the renewal of your drivers license is not
--lengthy neither will you be required to take new driving tests,all you have to do is to follow the steps below:
Drivers License Renewal
- Visit the official website for driver’s license obtaining and renewal in Nigeria.
- Access www.nigeriadriverslicense.org
- Click on "driver’s license renewal"
- You will be required to fill in your personal details like your date of birth and your expired driver’s license number.
- Fill in all the required details in the application form.
- Proceed to make payment for the license renewal at any of the designated banks or through online payment methods.
- Print your receipts and present your application form to the drivers licensing center.
- Visit the nearest road safety office to have your biometric data captured.
- Collect the temporary license which is valid for only 60 days (It is usually a piece of paper that you should laminate, it is valid for 2 months).
- After the expiration of 60 days (2 months) visit the vehicle license office,you will be directed to where you will pick up your permanent driving license plastic card.
The official fee for driver’s license renewal in Nigeria is N6,000 but you might be asked to pay between N12, 000 or N15,000 when you get to the license office.