German Visa Application In Nigeria: How To Apply
Germany is a country located in central-western Europe.
Germany has a population of about 82 million residents and the regarded as the most populous member state of the European Union.
Most people also don't know that After the United States,Germany is the second most popular immigration destination in the world,it's capital and largest city is Berlin.
--As a Nigerian that has plans of traveling to germany,the process and requirements are quite simple and self explanatory,it is definitely a process you can embark on without using any third party or agent.
This post contains quick information on how to apply for german visa in Nigeria.
German Visa Application In Nigeria: How To Apply
Since you have decided to travel to Germany home of the Bundesliga,you have to first of all decide the type of visa you will be applying for.
Q: Types of German Visa?
- Schengen Visa (Tourist, Visit)
- Studying & Language Learning Visa
- Job Seeker Visa
- Business Visa
- Airport Transit Visa
- Working Visa
- Guest Scientist Visa
- Training/Internship Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Trade Fair & Exhibitions Visa
These are the types of German visa and each has it's own specific requirements,however the popular types of German visa that most Nigerians apply for is the Tourist visa,Business visa and student visa.
--Lets take a look at some of the requirements of the popular German Visa's and a summarized step on how to apply.
Q: Requirements for a German tourist visa?
A German tourist visa allows you to stay in germany for up to six months,listed below are some of the requirements you should have before applying.
- An international passport
- A duly filled application form with two recent passport photographs
- A letter of invitation
- Hotel booking
Q: Requirements for a German student visa?
- School documentation and qualifications.
- Proof of acceptance from the school you are applying to.
- A valid International Passport.
- Language proficiency test score, TOEFL Or IELTS.
- A report on a recent health examination.
- Sufficient funds for schooling around 659-870 Euros per month.
- An online application form which you must print and fill completely, and also include your passport photograph before you submit.
- All necessary letters.
- A well written letter stating that you would return on completion of your programme or schooling
Q: Requirements for a German Business visa?
- A duly filled application form.
- Schengen visa application form.
- A valid international passport.
- 2 of your recent passport photographs.
- Letter of introduction from employer.
- Original invitation letter from Germany by the company you are dealing with.
- Certificate of incorporation of your company here in Nigeria.
- Your statement of financial standing.
- Pay slip for the past three months.
- Your companies bank statement, evidence of business in Nigeria and tax clearance certificate.
- Hotel booking or accommodation.
Also note that Germany is part of the Schengen agreement,what this means is that when you travel to Germany with a Schengen visa,you can visit other countries in Europe namely Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
A Schengen visa will allow you to stay and live in Germany for 3 months but you will not be allowed to work or earn a living.
Q: Quickly enumerate the steps involved in the application for a German visa from Nigeria?
Listed below are the steps and documentation needed for the application for a German visa in Nigeria:
Download the Application form and fill out all the necessary details. Fill everything out in Capital or Block letters.
The application form and necessary documents has to be submitted in person.
--Your International passport has to be valid for at least 6 months before the due date.
Two photos will be required per application form.
Make arrangements for proof of accommodation,which will be sent to the consulate together with all documentations.
As for those planning to stay with friends or relatives in germany, a copy of their ID and Passport as well as proof that they can support your stay is mandatory.
A Purchased return ticket within the planned duration of your trip might be required.
A Valid Travel Health Insurance covering the total number of days you will be staying in Germany will be needed.
Nigerians that want to travel to Germany for leisure or tourism must send a copy of detailed Itinerary.
A 3 months Bank Statement of your financial situation from your bank will be required.
Nigerians with the intention of traveling to Germany to study must submit a proof that shows they have been accepted into a German tertiary educational through a letter.
Employed Nigerians that want to travel to Germany must show that they were
If you are employed, a copy of a letter or contract will be required,which will state that you are permitted by the employer to travel during that period.
Recommended: German Embassy Embassy In Nigeria Contact Details
For minors,consent of the parents will be need,duely represented by a signature in the application form with a formal letter.
These are some of the requirements that will be satisfied,also note that some extra documents might be needed depending on your visa type and your purpose of visiting Germany.
Listed below is the steps that should be taken for the Application of German visa:
- 1. Fill the application form.
- 2. Book an appointment before going to the Application center to submit your documents for a German VISA.If you don't book an appointment,your application will not be accepted.
- 3. At the application center,your letter will be verified and you will be issued a token.Endeavor to be on time.
- 4. Make sure All your documents are arranged in the order stated on the checklist.
- 5. If your application is complete your passport, application form and documents will be held temporarily by the application center including your international passport.
- 6. After the verification of your application, all the application form information will be entered into the on-line system of the German consulate and you will receive a printed copy of your application. This process usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes. After which you get the printed form.
- 7. Make sure you verify that all the details are correct and sign the form.The parents of minors will be required to sign this form.
- 8. After you pay for the visa you will be issued a receipt that you will use to collect your processed application.
- 9. Your Biometric data will be collected using a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner.
- 10. That's all,you have completed the German visa application process.
- Remember to keep your payment receipt carefully as this will be presented before you collect your passport.
For more detailed information access Germany's official visa website for Nigerians on http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/visa
Q: German visa application fee in Nigeria?
The German visa application fee in Nigeria costs about 60 Euros.
Q: German visa Embassy Addresses in Nigeria?
German Embassy In Abuja
- 9, Lake Maracaibo Close, off Amazon Street
- Maitama Abuja F.C.T.
- P.O.Box 5177 Wuse
- Abuja, F.C.T.
- (09) 220 8010/11/12
- 0706 410 8800
- 0805 880 8800
- 0805 509 9915 (Monday -Thursday 3pm-4pm) for visa appointments only.
German Consulate General In Lagos
- Tg15 Walter Carrington Crescent
- (formerly Eleke Crescent)
- Victoria Island
- P.O. Box 72800 Lagos
- Telephone: (+234) 1 280 99 66
- Fax: (+234) 1 280 99 69
- Email : email@example.com
- Website: www.nigeria.diplo.de
Please note that the Consulate General in Lagos is responsible for visa applications for all Nigerian States.