NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements For Foreign Students
The first NYSC program took place in 1973 and ever since Nigerian graduates of universities and Polytechnics (later included)
have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps program for 12 months (one year).
NYSC also known as the The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was set up by the Nigerian Government with the sole aim of involving the country's graduates in the development of the country.
Nigerians that studied abroad (Outside Nigeria) are also expected to partake in the one year program.
This article contains important information about NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements For Nigerian Foreign Students that studied abroad that would like to partake in the one year NYSC program.
NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements For Mobilization Of Foreign Students
As a Nigerian that studied abroad you are regarded as a foreign student and hence there are some steps you need to take before you can take part in the NYSC program,listed below are some requirements and procedures you must take note of to avoid mistake and complications during your registration.
1. The official website of NYSC is any of the following listed below:
2. Prospective Corps members (PCM) should make sure that they have functional e-mail addresses and Nigerian (GSM) phone numbers with which they can register with.
3. Ensure that the foreign University you attended is accredited.To confirm this visit the Federal Ministry of Education for verification. The letter of verification must be uploaded during registration.
4. After the verification of your foreign based school visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- West African School Certificate(WASC) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent
- General Certificate of Education (GCE O’ Level) (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent.
- OR NECO (with not less than 5 Credits at 2 sittings) or its equivalent; or High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Second Degree or Ph.D not necessary).
- Transcript of the first Degree or HND.
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
5. Transcripts and certificates in a foreign language other than English Language should be translated to English before uploading.
6.Foreign-trained graduates should NOT visit NYSC Headquarters, Abuja for verification of their documents.The verification exercise will now be done at the Orientation Camps.
7. Simply print your call-up letters on-line and report at the Orientation camps in your State of deployment,make sure you come to the camp with the original documents you uploaded online for verification.
8. Any prospective corper who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
Ensure that your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown in the picture without bending
Ensure the picture fills the frame and is centralized.
Only photographs with white or off-white background with no shadow is allowed.
10. Do not register by PROXY.
11. Ensure that you complete your biometric capturing because this will be used for verification at the orientation camps. Prospective corp members who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
12. All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized should not pay again.
13. Married female prospective corps members should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands place of domicile during online registration.
14. Pregnant women and nursing mothers are not expected to register,the orientation camp is highly not ideal for women in that condition and hence will not be accommodated.
15. The NYSC portal opens for registration a number of times in a year and when it closes,there will be no further registration.
If you have any questions or comments,feel free to use the comment box.