NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements
NYSC also known as the The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was set up by the Nigerian Government
with the sole aim of involving the country's graduates in the development of the country.
The first NYSC program took place in 1973 and ever since Nigerian graduates of universities and Polytechnics (later included) have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps program for 12 months (one year).
Nigerians that studied abroad are also expected to partake in the one year program.
--Every year Nigerian graduates take part in the NYSC,they are selected and put in different batches,sometimes there can be three batches in a year or usually two batches with two streams.
This post contains vital information about NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements for prospective corp members.
NYSC Online Registration Procedure And Requirements For Mobilization Of Graduates
As a Nigerian graduate before,before you start registration for the NYSC program,its imperative that know the requirements for registration to avoid costly mistakes.
Listed below are the requirements and procedure for online registration.
1. The official website of NYSC is any of the following listed below:
3. Nigerian graduates are expected to use their correct Matriculation numbers to register.
4. For locally trained Nigerian graduates,only names submitted by the school's senate/academic board will have access to the register on the NYSC portal.
Recommended: NYSC Registration Requirements For Foreign Students
5. All Nigerian graduates of medical related courses like Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotheraphy, Radiology, Optometry, Medical Laboratory Science and Pharmacy are expected to have their Certificates of Registration with their professional bodies.
Also note that Payment receipts are not acceptable.
6. Any prospective corper who presents any fake document will be demobilized and decamped.
--7. Prospective corps members should ensure that Passport photographs used meet the following specifications:
Ensure that your face (eyes, nose, ears, mouth and jaw) is fully shown in the picture without bending
Ensure the picture fills the frame and is centralized.
Only photographs with white or off-white background with no shadow is allowed.
8. Do not register by PROXY.
9. Ensure that you complete your biometric capturing because this will be used for verification at the orientation camps.
Prospective corp members who cannot be verified with their biometric at the orientation camp will not be registered.
10. Prospective corps members who want their call-up numbers sent to them through SMS and wish to PRINT their call-up letters on-line are expected to pay the sum of Three Thousand Naira (N3,000.00).
Recommended: NYSC Online Registration Support Phone Numbers & Complaints Email
11. Prospective Corps members who do not want to pay the N3,000.00 have the option of visiting their schools to collect their call-up numbers and call up letters.
12. All prospective corps members who paid for the online registration before but were not mobilized should not pay again.
13. Married female prospective corps members should upload copies of their marriage Certificates, evidence of Change of name and their husbands place of domicile during online registration.
14. Pregnant women and nursing mothers are not expected to register,the orientation camp is highly not ideal for women in that condition and hence will not be accommodated.
For those that cannot wait,they can print the letter of Exclusion online for the sum of N3,000.
Recommended: 30 Essential Things To Take To The NYSC Orientation Camp
If you have any questions or comments,you can use the comment box.