PwC Nigeria: 10 Quick Facts
PricewaterhouseCoopers popularly known as PwC is a multinational
professional services network that has it's headquaters in London, United Kingdom.As a multinational company,PwC also has a branch office in Nigeria.
--This article contains some quick facts about PwC that you should know.
PwC Nigeria: Quick Facts
- 1. PwC has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse.
- 2. Internationally PwC has been ranked as the most prestigious accounting firm in the world for seven consecutive years, and also rated as one of the best firms to work for.
- 3. Worldwide PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries, 743 locations, with 223,468 people working for the company.
- 4. PwC was formed in 1998 when Coopers & Lybrand merged with Price Waterhouse.
- 5. PwC assists its clients with quality services with issues relating to assurance, tax and advisory services.
- 6. In Sub-Saharan Africa, PwC is the largest provider of professional services with offices located in 34 countries and close to about 9000 people.
- 7. PwC is rated as the second largest professional services firm in the world along with the other three auditors which are the Deloitte, EY and KPMG.
- 8. In Nigeria PwC is listed as one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- 9. PwC Nigeria has over 1000 staff and 27 resident partners.
- 10. PwC's services include: Audit and assurance,Deals and transaction services,Tax,Business community management,some major clients of PwC include: Goodyear, Toyota, Volkswagen, Ford, Bank of America, Anheuser Busch, IBM, Kellogg’s, Kraft Foods, American Express, Freddie Mac, eBay, Nintendo, CBS, Viacom, Walt Disney, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Nike,Yahoo.