How To Transfer Credit,Airtime On MTN Network
With MTN's share 'n' sell,you can easily transfer credit or airtime from
your account to another persons account.
You can keep your family and friends topped up and connected as long as they are also using MTN network.
In this article you will learn how you can easily transfer credit using your MTN line.
How To Transfer Credit/Airtime On MTN Network
MTN's credit transfer is very safe to use,no one else can transfer credit from your phone without your permission because the feature comes with a default password.
Q: How to change MTN's share 'n' sell default password?
Before you can transfer credit,you have to change the default pin which is 0000.
To change the default pin all you have to do is to send a text message in this format:
- Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777
- For Example:0000 1234 1234’ to 777
Q: What is MTN'S share 'n' sale transfer limit?
The least amount of money that you can transfer is
N50 and the maximum amount you can transfer to an individual is N5,000.
You should also note that you can transfer up to N10,000 everyday on MTN'S Share 'n' Sell.
Who can use MTN Share 'n' Sell?
MTN Share ‘n’ Sell can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network.
--MTN Share 'n' Sell Quick Rules
- 1. You can only transfer airtime in naira not kobo. Example N50 but not N50.55.
- 2. You will receive an error message if you do not have enough credit while trying to initiate a transaction.
- 3. Postpaid customers will only be able to transfer credit when your account is in positive. Example You will not be able to transfer credit when your account is negative (-)if your account balance is N-300.00,you will not be able to use Share ‘N’ Sell,however if your account balance is N1,000 you will be able to transfer credit up to the available N1,000 in your account.
See Also: How To Borrow Credit Without Paying Back
Q: My MTN Share 'n' Sell Pin has been compromised,how do I change it?
You can change your current pin any time by sending an sms with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777.
Example, send an SMS with '0000 1234 1234' to 777.
You can also change your PIN by dialing *600*default PIN*New PIN* New PIN#
Dial *600*0000*1234*1234# send/ok.
An SMS will be sent to you confirming that your PIN was changed successfully.
--Q: How do I Transfer Credit on MTN using SMS?
You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at any time by sending an SMS in this format:
Transfer,Recipient’s Number,Amount and PIN to 777.
Send an SMS in this format:
‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
An SMS will be sent to you asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer.
Confirm this transaction by replying with 'YES' to 777.
Read Also: MTN Manual Configuration Settings
Q: How do I Transfer Credit on MTN using Transfer code?
You can easily transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing:
- *600*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN#
- For example: Dial*600*08031234567*1500*1234#
--An SMS will be sent to you if the transaction was successful.
When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Q: Does MTN Share 'n' sell attract extra transaction Fees?
Yes,all MTN Share 'N' Sell transactions attracts a transfer fee depending on the amount of money you transferred.
If you transfer between N1 to N100 you will be charged N3. Other charges include:
- N101- N500 = N5
- N501 - N1000 = N10
- N1001 - N5000 = N10