12 Current Facts About Nigeria Today
Nigeria is a country located in west Africa.
The country has an estimated population of over 200 million people. The Capital city of Nigeria is called Abuja while the economic hub and most populated city is called Lagos state.
In this post we will take a look at some of the current facts about Nigeria today and information about Nigeria.
12 Current Facts About Nigeria
- 1. Nigeria is currently experiencing one of the highest rise in the cost of fuel.
- 2. Nigeria is a large country and one of the richest in Africa.
- 3. The capital city of Nigeria is Abuja while the busiest and most important economic hub is Lagos state which is one of the busiest cities in Africa.
- 4. People from Nigeria are referred to and called Nigerians.
- 5. The official language spoken in Nigeria is English,other the three other major language spoken is Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Majority of Nigerians communicate fluently by speaking Pidgin English. Other smaller ethnic languages spoken by Nigerians include Birom, Edo ,Efik ,Fulani, Gwari, Ibibio, Idoma, Igala ,Igbira, Ijaw ,Itsekiri ,Jukun, Kanuri ,Katab ,Margi Mwagavul ,Nupe ,Tiv ,Urhobo-Isoko Etc
- 6. The current President of Nigeria is Muhammadu Buhari while the vice president is Yemi Osinbajo.
- 7. The current ruling party in Nigeria is the APC.
- 8. Nigeria is also referred to as the giant of Africa.
- 9. The Unification of Southern and Northern Nigeria took place in 1914.
- 10. Nigeria was Declared and recognized as a republic on 1 October 1960,while it was declared a republic in 1 October 1963.
- 11. Nigeria's Current constitution was written on 29 May 1999.
- 12. Nigeria's currency is called the Naira.