How To Register For GRE In Nigeria: Fee,Exam & Tutorial Centers
The full meaning of GRE is 'Graduate Record Examination'.
The Graduate Record Examination is a standardized exam used to measure someone's aptitude for abstract thinking in the areas of analytical writing, mathematics and vocabulary.
--The GRE is commonly required by many graduate schools to determine an applicant's eligibility for the program.
This article contains information on everything you should know about GRE registration and test in Nigeria.
GRE In Nigeria: All You Need To Know
1. The GRE General Test has three main divisions namely the analytical Writing,Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning.
2. A typical computer-based test starts with the Analytical Writing section that lasts for 1 hour.
There are 2 sections of Verbal Reasoning each with approximately 20 questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
3. The GRE is written in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. The paper based version which is not always available is written in Aba.
Read Also: How To Register For IELTS In Nigeria
4. GRE Subject tests available in Nigeria are: GRE Biology Test, GRE Chemistry Test, GRE Literature in English Test, GRE Mathematics Test, GRE Physics Test and GRE Psychology Test.
5. You can only write one of the tests (listed above),if your school requests for it. If however your school does not make mention of a subject test, then it's recommended that you write the General test.
6. There are two formats of the GRE test, these are the online version and the written version.The online format is the most popular in Nigeria.
See Also: How To Register For TOEFL In Nigeria
7. To register for the GRE identify a suitable centre such as B.Y Mafit Ltd. Endeavor to pick a centre close to you.
8. Select a suitable date from what is available at the center,select a date that is 2 months away or more to enable you to study and prepare.
9. Make payment for the registration at the center,the GRE test registration shouldn't cost more than N50,000.
You will be requested to fill a registration form which will contain details such as your Name,Date of birth,Email,Phone number,International passport number,Address,Academic history,course of study Etc
10. After registration,its now left for the test registration centre to guide you,teach you and provide the necessary materials that you will use to study.