Nigeria Embassy In Johannesburg South Africa,Address,Phone,Email & Contact
This post contains the current contact details of Nigerian embassy in Johannesburg South Africa.
Currently,Nigeria maintains about 99 embassies and consulates around the world. (Africa,Americas,Asia,Europe and Oceania regions).
--Nigeria is the most populous African Nation on earth and also has the largest economy in Africa.
Embassy Of Nigeria In South Africa
- No.16 Rivonia Road - Illovo -
- Johannesburg -2196
- South Africa
- +27 (11) 442 3620
Nigerian Embassy Postal Address:
- Consulate General Of Nigeria
- P.O Box 1014
- Saxonwold 2132
- +27 (11) 442 3620
- +27 (11) 442 3621
- +27 (11) 442 3622
- +27 (11) 442 0010
Nigerian Embassy In Chad
Quick Facts About Nigeria
- Nigeria is a very large country.
- Nigeria is the world's 32nd-largest country.
- Nigeria shares a border with Benin,Niger,Chad and Cameroon.
- The highest point in Nigeria is called Chappal Waddi at 2,419 m (7,936 ft).
- The first building in Nigeria was built in Badagry, Lagos State in 1845.
- A brand new car was sold for ₦2000 in 1975.
- Nigeria had a big war called the Biafra War with Christian Igbo People who wanted independence.
- Nigeria has the biggest and strongest economy in Africa.
- Nigeria is the richest country in Africa.
- Official National Anthem of Nigeria is ''Arise, O Compatriots''.
- The Nigerian civil war took place between 6 July 1967 – 15 January 1970.
- The economy hub and most populated and largest city in Nigeria is called Lagos State.
- The Major languages spoken in Nigeria is the Igbo,Hausa and Yoruba languages. Other languages spoken include Birom,Edo,Efik,Fulani, Etc
- Nigeria's Motto is "Unity and Faith, Peace and Progress".
- Nigeria is the is the seventh most populous nation in the world.
- The three major tribes in Nigeria are the Igbo,Hausa & Yoruba.
- The Unification of Southern and Northern Nigeria took place in 1914.
- The official language spoken in Nigeria is English Language.
- The official currency used in Nigeria is the Naira (₦).
- Nnamdi Azikiwe became the first president of Nigeria on 1 October 1963.
- Nigeria was declared and recognized as a nation on 1 October 1960.
- Nigeria comprises of 36 states and modern cities.
- The capital city of Nigeria is called Abuja.
- Nigeria is a country located in west Africa.
- There are over 500 ethnic groups in Nigeria,which the three largest are Yoruba,Igbo and Hausa.
- Nigeria is an oil rich country,it's Niger delta region is rich with abundance of oil.
- Nigeria is a member of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, OPEC, the Commonwealth and the African Union.
- Nigeria can get very hot, because it is close to the Equator.
- Nigerian foods are among the best in the world.
- In Nigeria, there are almost equal numbers of Muslims and Christians. Majority of the Christians live in the south,while most of the Muslims live in the north.
- Nigeria is the most populous African country and has the highest number of black people in the world.
- Nigeria is estimated to have a population of over 200 million people,although officially Nigeria's population is pegged at 189 million people.
- The Niger Delta is one of the world's largest river deltas.
- Football is the most popular sports in Nigeria,the Men's national football team is called the Super Eagles.
- Nigeria is also called the "giant of Africa".
- The symbolic main rivers are the Niger and the Benue River they come together and empty into the Niger Delta.