NIMASA: Address,Phone,Email,Seafarers,Functions,Departments,Recruitment & Contact
This post contains all the quick informations about Nimasa that you should know,including the organizations contact details.
Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the apex
--regulatory and promotional maritime agency in Nigeria.
Nimasa was created from the merger of National Maritime Authority and Joint Maritime Labour Industrial Council on 1st August 2006.
NIMASA was established for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security,Other important functions include Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping & Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment,implementation of domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.
Full Functions Of Nimasa In Nigeria
- (a) Provision of Maritime Search and Rescue Services.
- (b) Provide direction and ensure compliance with vessels security measures.
- (c) Pursue the development of shipping and regulatory matters relating to merchant shipping and seafarers.
- (d) Administration and regulation of shipping licenses.
- (e) Administration, Regulation and Certification of Seafarers.
- (f) Develop and implement policies and programs, which will facilitate the growth of local capacity in ownership, manning and construction of ships and other maritime infrastructure.
- (g) Enhance and administer the provision of Cabotage Act. 2003
- (i) Perform Port and Flag State duties.
- (j) Carry out Air and Coastal Surveillance.
- (k) Control and prevent Maritime Pollution.
- (l) Provide Maritime Security.
- (m) Establishment of Maritime Training and Safety Standards.
- (n) Regulation of safety of shipping as regards the construction of ships and navigation.
- (o) Establish the procedure for the implementation of conventions of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Labour Organization (ILO), and other international conventions to which the Federal Republic of Nigeria is a party on Maritime Safety and Security, Maritime Labour, Commercial Shipping, and for the implementation of Codes, Resolutions and Circulars.
See Also : FAAN Nigeria Airports,Departments,Salary Structure & Contact Details
Nimasa is structured into 3 Directorates.
Each separate directorate is under the leadership an Executive Director. Each Directorate also has two or more Departments, headed by a Director.
There are 8 Departments reporting to the Executive Directors and 9 Departments reporting to the Director-General.
Nimasa also operates a zonal structure to enable effective coordination of its activities in Nigeria.
Nimasa has a strong presence in four principal maritime zones in Nigeria.
Nimasa Zones & Headquarters
- Western Zone – Lagos ( Headquarters)
- Central Zone –Warri ( Headquarters)
- Eastern Zone - Port Harcourt ( Headquarters)
- Northern Zone - Abuja ( Headquarters)
Nimasa is headquartered in Lagos,the agency carry out it's principal operations in Apapa (Lagos), Warri, Sapele, Port Harcourt, Onne, Bonny, Yenagoa, Eket, Calabar, Abuja and Lokoja.
--Q: Nimasa Head Office Address?
- Maritime House #4,
- Burma Road, Apapa
- Lagos State.
Q: Nimasa Recruitment & Careers?
Log on to www.nimasa.gov.ng/careers
Other Nimasa Location Addresses
Nigerian Maritime Resource Development Centre (NMRDC)
Kiri-kiri Phase II, Apapa, Lagos.
Read Also: AIT Nigeria,Contact & Programmes
Western Zone Operations
Western Zone Office 88,
Marine Road, GRA, Apapa, Lagos.
Apapa Port Office
--Atlantic House 2,
Wharf Road, Apapa, Lagos.
Nimasa London Office
Nigerian High Court,
Nigerian High Commission 9,
Northumberland Ave, London, UK.
Nimasa Abuja Office