How To Make / Prepare Nigerian Doughnut From Scratch At Home
In this post we will take a look at how you can easily prepare or make a doughnut from scratch at home.
Some people prefer to make their doughnut without yeast and eggs while majority of others prefer to follow the normal simple recipe for making doughnut at home.
How To Make / Prepare Doughnut From Scratch At Home
- 3 cups of flour
- 3 teaspoons of yeast
- 1 cup of liquid milk
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter (melted)
- 1½ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg (whisked)
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- Clean cold water
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling pin
- Wooden board
- Dough cutter
- Perforated spoon
- Paper towel
Read Also: How To Make Nigerian Stew At Home
Read Also: How To Hot Nigerian Pepper Soup
- (a) Pour two cups of flour in a bowl,add yeast and salt.
- (b) Mix the content together,use the spatula to make a well in the middle.
- (c) Pour your sugar into the milk and stir till the sugar dissolves. Then pour the mixture into the middle of the flour mixture,rinse any sediment into the batter.
- (d) Add the butter and whisked egg,then mix thoroughly till you have a smooth paste.
- (e) Coat both your hands and the flat surface with flour and begin kneading the dough on the flat surface. When your done with the stretchy dough,return it to the mixing bowl and cover with a napkin.
- (f) Leave the dough for around 30 minutes and open the napkin. The dough is expected to double in size.
- (g) Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 2-3mm. Then Cut the dough into circular shapes with the large and small dough cutters.If you don’t have dough cutters you can use a round bowl tip to cut out the dough and also use the cover of bottle water for the round middle circles.
- (h) Heat up your vegetable oil in a frying pan or pot,then drop your circular cut out dough into it.
- (i) Deep fry for about minutes, till the color changes to golden brown.
- (j) Remove the doughnuts with a perforated spoon and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- (k) Then you can dip in icing sugar or sprinkle depending on how you want your doughnut.
- This is how you can easily prepare a Nigerian doughnut at home,you can serve your doughnut with tea.