How To Prepare Nigerian Salad At Home
In this post,I will show you how you can easily prepare Nigerian salad at home,plus all the essential salad ingredient list and Nigerian salad dressing Etc.
Enough said,we all know that Nigerians prepare their own food differently,so in other to get that unique Nigerian taste,we have to use our Nigerian cooking style for all the foods that we are cooking.
Let's quickly take a look at some of the ingredients that we will need.
- 4 small pcs Irish potatoes
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium bunch lettuce
- 5 medium sized carrots
- 3 medium sized eggs
- Baked Beans (Tin) in tomato sauce
- 200g sweet corn
- 5 plum tomatoes
- Heinz Salad Cream/Mayonnaise (For Salad Dressing)
Read Also: How To Make Nigerian Stew At Home
Quick Steps On How To Prepare Your Nigerian Salad
- (a) Get your Irish potatoes,wash properly,then cook the potatoes until it is done,you should also cook the egg along side your Irish Potatoes.
- (b) Organize and cut your veggies,cut the lettuce into thin shreds,scrape and shred your carrots using a grater,peel and cut your boiled potatoes into cubes,remove the seeds of the cucumber and cut,you can also peel the cucumber in stripes.
- (c) Get your tomatoes,gently remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
Read Also: How To Make Nigerian Puff Puff
- (d) Place all your organized and already cut veggies in a separate container.
- (e) Open the sweet corn and drain the preservation water. Rinse the seeds and set aside,go ahead and open the baked beans tin and set aside.
- (f) Gently remove the shells of the hard boiled eggs,slice and set aside,you can also use an egg slicer for this job.
- (g) It's now time to swing into action,put the already set out ingredients in small batches into a big bowl till all are exhausted,excluding the sliced eggs.
- (i) Afterwards place the sliced eggs on the salad top.
- (j) Cover your bowl and put in the fridge for one to three hours in other to allow the ingredients to mix well.
- (k) Go ahead and serve with any salad dressing of your choice such as the Heinz Salad cream,caeser salad dressing Etc
- (a) You can substitute the lettuce with cabbage.This will make your salad crunchy,or you should go ahead and use the two,because lettuce adds a pleasant green color to the salad.
- (b) Other ingredients can also be substituted or added such as corned beef, green bell pepper, green peas Etc
- (c) Eat your Nigerian Salad within 24 hours of preparation if no salad dressing is added.
- (d) The Nigerian salad can be served with Rice,moi moi,grilled chicken or eaten alone.