Biography & Net Worth Of Jeff Bezos: The Richest Man In The World
Ever asked who was the richest man in the world?
Well for some years now,off and on the richest man in the world has been Bill Gates,but he is currently not the richest man in the world,this is also because he has given majority of his wealth for fighting some of the world's deadliest diseases.
--The current richest person in the world right now is Jeff Bezos,this post however contains quick facts about Jeff,his current net worth and biography.
Biography & Net Worth Of Jeff Bezos: Quick Facts
- 1. Jeffrey Preston "Jeff" Bezos was born on January 12, 1964.
- 2. Jeff is the founder and CEO of Amazon.com.
- 3. Jeff graduated from Princeton University and was hired at D. E. Shaw & Co. as a financial analyst for before founding Amazon.com in 1994.
- 4. As of October 2017,he became the richest man in the world with a net worth of almost US$ 94 billion.
- 5. Jeff completed his Bachelor of Science and engineering from Princeton University. He is married to MacKenzie Bezos and has four children from the marriage.
- 6. Jeff's biological father's name is Ted Jorgensen,Jeff's mother divorced him after one year of marriage, Ted Jorgensen left Jeff's life when he was just 3,at that time Jeff's father was a hard drinking 18-year-old circus performer.
- See Also: Top 10 Richest People In The World
- Due to his alcohol issues,he lost his job and the marriage fell apart,Jeff's mom Jacklyn asked Jorgensen to stay away Jeff after she divorced him.
- 7. Mike Bezos is Jeff's biological father and a constant inspiration for Jeff. He got married to Jacklyn, his mother when Jeff was four. Mike Bezos was a Cuban immigrant that just moved to America,back then Mike Bezos only knew one English word and that was "Hamburger",he later adopted Jeff as his biological son with Ted Jorgensen's consent.
- 8. Jeff Bezos's mom's name is Jacklyn Bezos,she got pregnant when she was just sixteen and went ahead to marry Ted Jorgensen,They flew to Mexico with their parents' money to get married,the marriage lasted only one year,she later married Mike Bezos,who was a Cuban Immigrant,after Mike adopted Jeff,the family then moved to Houston Texas.
- Read Also: Top 5 Most Expensive Cars In The World
- 9. Jeff Bezos later married MacKenzie Bezos she is a famous American Novelist.
- 10. Jeff has four children, three are sons and the couple has one daughter adopted from China. His eldest son is name Prezton,he was born in the year 2000.
- 11. Jeff's Amazon is the world's largest online shopping retailer.He founded Amazon.com in late 1994. The company began as an Internet merchant of books and expanded to a wide variety of products and services, most recently video and audio streaming.
- 12. Jeff diversified his business interests when he founded aerospace company Blue Origin in 2000. He also purchased The Washington Post newspaper in 2013 for $250 million in cash.
- 13. He is worth $126 billion,and on track to become the wealthiest person in modern history.