Journalist Salary Structure & Allowances In Nigeria
In this post we are quickly going to reveal how much media firms pay their journalists in Nigeria.
Basically a journalist is anyone who writes,collects,report or distribute news and current information to the general public.
A journalist's work is called journalism. There are different areas of journalism,a journalist may decide to report,write and work in general issues while other may decide to specialise in a much specific niche.
In Nigeria,a journalist may decide to be a freelance journalist or in most cases work for a newspaper, a radio or television station.
Q: Journalist Salary Structure & Allowances In Nigeria?
In Nigeria journalist are among the least paid profession,usually media firms and companies do not reveal the salary structure/ remuneration of their journalists.
Nevertheless they are not well paid,a new entry journalist is expected to earn lower than other experienced journalist,however the amount of money earned by the new journalist is expected to increase with promotion and experience.
The current estimated salary earned by a new graduate journalists in a Nigerian media company is about ₦15, 000 - ₦ 35,000 per month (After Tax)* excluding allowances,while a much more experienced journalist (manager) with 6 - 7 years of experience will earn about ₦70,000 per month.
Read Also: How Much Does A Human Resource Officer Earn Monthly In Nigeria?
- The information on this page is subject to change,figures stated here are only estimates and not 100% accurate.
- The current minimum wage in Nigeria,applicable from 2011 is ₦18,000 per month,exclusive of all deductions,however there is a plan to increase the minimum wage paid to civil servants in Nigeria.
- Low paying companies sometimes bolster their pay with allowances.
- The salary paid to interns and trainees are less than the amount paid to entry level workers.
- Most multinational companies pay according to global standards and are among the highest paying companies in Nigeria.
- Figures stated here represent net total amount with tax deductions.