Peter Obi Current Net Worth,Family,Businesses,Companies,Achievements,News & Latest Update
Peter Obi is one of the top politician in Nigeria,in this article
we shall take a look at the current estimated net worth of Peter Obi this year and some
--other quick facts about the politician such as his biography,family,businesses,companies,achievements and some other facts about him that you probably never knew.
Peter Obi Current Net Worth,Family,Businesses,Companies & Achievement
Q: Peter Obi Quick Facts?
- 1. Peter Obi was born on the 19th of July 1961,he was the former governor of Anambra State,he was in office from 17th March 2006 to 2 November 2006,he lost his governorship seat and was impeached but he was reappointed by a court ruling.
- 2. He attended Christ the King College,Onitsha and bagged a degree in philosophy from the University of Nigeria,Nsukka.
- 3. He is a member of the People Democratic Party (PDP).
- 4. Peter Obi was picked as PDP's Vice Presidential Aspirant alongside Atiku Abubakar who is PDP's Presidential Aspirant,Atiku was the former Vice President of Nigeria.
- 5. Peter Obi's achievements as a former governor include:-
- (a)Cutting regarding unnecessary expenses when he was the governor of Anambra state.
- (b)Adopting an action program of UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- (c)Development of education in Anambra state,equipment of state health institutions in Anambra state.
- (d)constructions of roads.
- (e)Peter Obi paid over N37 billion for salaries and pensions owed by the state since 1999.
- (f)Peter Obi was the youngest Director of Fidelity Bank Nigeria,the bank saw a 219 percent growth of profit when he took over.
- 6. Peter is married to Margret Brownson Usen,the marriage took place in 1992. Peter Obi has two children a boy and a girl named Gregory Peter Oseloka Obi and Gabriella Nwamaka Frances Obi.
Peter Obi Educational Institutions Attended:
- · Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)
- · London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)
- · Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )
- · Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)
- · Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)
- · Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)
- · Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)
- . Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)
- . Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)
Peter Obi Previously Held Positions:
- · Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)
- · Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)
- · Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)
- · Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)
- · Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)
- . Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- · Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.
- · Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.
- · Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.
- · Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.
- · Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd
- · Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.
- · Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.
- · Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd
- · Former Director: Card Centre Plc
Membership Of Professional Associations
- · Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
- · Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers
- · Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)
Membership Of Federal Government Committees
- Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage
- Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy
- Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit
- Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource
- National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform
- National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds
- National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export
- Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council
- Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria
- National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector
Q: Peter Obi Current Net Worth?
Peter Obi is estimated to have a current net worth of $80 Million USD.
He has properties,stocks and real estate,In 2012 he built a multi-billion naira shopping mall in Anambra State that is believed to be one of the biggest shopping mall in Africa.