How To Easily Open A Bank Account Online In Nigeria
Do you know that you can easily open a bank account easily from the comfort of your house at home?
In this article we will take a look at how you can easily open a bank account online in Nigeria, and also how you can open a bank account online with some of Nigeria's top commercial banks like GTBank,First Bank,Skype Bank,Zenith Bank Etc
Opening A Bank Account Online In Nigeria
Opening a bank account online is as easy as Abc,in fact you can even open a bank account via sms through your mobile phone.
A lot of people are always too busy with their work and activities,perhaps you fall into this category,like I mentioned earlier,opening a bank account online is quite easy,all you need to do log on to the official website of the bank you wish to open an account with.
On the banks website you will be required to select the account type you wish to open, for example Savings, Current or Domiciliary accounts. You can only open individual accounts not cooperate accounts online.
The next step is for you to fill the online account opening form,furnish the bank with your details such as email address, contact address location you want,after filling the form accurately,click on submit.
A Verification will be sent to the email address you provided immediately,click on the verification link to start using your bank account.
At your convenient time,visit the bank,you will be notified via email of some of the extra documents you need bring to the bank in other to have full functionality on your account,documents like utility bill,passport Etc
Some of the advantages of online banking are:
- Online shopping is made easy,you can shop and ship from hundreds of international websites.
- Easily pay your utility bills online.
- Make money transfers from one bank account to another bank account.
- Check your account balance and get instant notifications in real time Etc
Now lets take a look at how you can open an account online bank account with some of the top Nigerian commercial banks.
Read Also: How To Open A Domiciliary Account In Nigeria
How To Open A Zenith Bank Account Online
- Using an internet enabled phone or device log on to www.zenithbank.com/onlineaccountopeningrequest.aspx
- Fill out all the necessary details such as Country Of Residence,Account Type,State Of Origin,Title,First Name,Other Names,Surname,Date Of Birth,Sex,Mothers’ Maiden Name,Occupation,Means Of Identification,Expiry Date,Contact Address,State Of Residence,Email Address,City Of Residence,Preferred Branch,Currency Type,Account CategoryMobile No.
- Click on the 'Submit' button.
You can easily initiate the process of opening an account and get an account number instantly.
- Using any internet enabled device log on to https://ao.gtbank.com/aowe/start.aspx
- Select 'New account' as new customer or 'Additional Account' as an existing customer.
- Select the Personal Option
- Select the account type (savings or current account).
- Enter your BVN number and click on the ''validate BVN'' button.
- Enter your Surname, First Name, Middle Name, Mobile Number, Email address and Location.
- Click on the 'Continue' button.
How To Open An FCMB Bank Account Online
- Log on to https://onlineaccount.fcmb.com via any internet enabled phone or device.
- Answer a question asking if you are a resident of Nigeria, select the right option.
- On the next page select if you are a New customer or an already old existing customer.
- Select the account type you wish to open:Current Account, Savings Account, Fixed Deposit and Foreign Currency.
- Select your preferred account type by clicking on the "Apply Now" button.
- A form will pop up,furnish it with your personal details such as your:First Name,Last Name,E-Mail Address,Mobile Number,Referral ID.
- After filling the above details click on "Start" button.
Read Also: How To Buy Recharge Card Online
How To Open A Skye Bank Account Online
- Log on to https://accounts.skyebankng.com/skyeFlex/ via any internet enabled phone or device.
- Click on the ''Start Application'' button.
- Provide all the required details.
- Click on the "Proceed with Application" button.
- Fill your details correctly.
- Click on ''Submit Form'' button
Log on to https://openaccount.firstbanknigeria.com/ via any internet enabled phone or device,
Follow the prompt.